For topical use only.
DUOFILM Cutaneous Solution:
Salicylic Acid 16.7% w/w
Lactic Acid 15% w/w
Adults, the elderly and children aged 2 years and over:
Children under 12 years should only use the product under supervision.
Duofilm should be applied to the affected areas only.
Duofilm should be applied to warts once daily, preferably at bedtime.
Procedure for application:
1. The wart should be soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and dried thoroughly with a clean towel.
2. The surface of the wart should be rubbed with a nail file, pumice stone, emery board or coarse washcloth, with care taken not to cause bleeding.
3. A thin layer of Duofilm should be applied directly to the wart. Care should be taken to avoid the healthy surrounding skin.
4. The solution should be allowed to dry thoroughly. The wart should be covered with a plaster (dressing) if it is large or if it is on the foot to help penetration of ingredients.
It is recommended that treatment continues until whichever of the following occurs first:
• The wart is completely cleared and the normal ridgelines of the skin have been restored.
• The wart has been treated for 12 weeks.
Clinically visible improvement should occur in 1-2 weeks, but the maximum effect may be expected after 4-8 weeks. If wart persist beyond 12 weeks of treatment, the patient should be advised to consult their pharmacist or doctor. Consider alternative treatments if warts cover a large area of the body (more than 5 cm2). Patients should be advised to consult a pharmacist or doctor if skin irritation develops. Due to the flammable nature of salicylic acid and lactic acid solution, patients should avoid smoking or being near an open flame during application and immediately after use.
Infants under 2 years of age:
Treatment of infants under the age of 2 years is not recommended.”